Friday, February 18, 2011

Rainy Day

So after a month of beautiful weather here in the San Francisco Bay Area, it has suddenly gotten stormy and rainy. So I'm staying in doors and cleaning my house up some and doing some crafts. perfect rainy day activities!

I've held on to a pair of paten black pumps I got from Target for a few years now because I want to customize them. My idea was to put crystals all up and down the heels. But that would take possibly forever (though they would turn out breath taking if you have the time) So I took a short cut and covered the heels in glitter and put anything silver on the heels to make them extra shimmery. I used a silver holographic cosmetic glitter (because it's what I had) and I love how they turned out!!


materials:
Shoes you want to sacrifice
a strong glue (I used a jeweling glue from Michaels)
Glitter
Sequins, rhinestones, mirrors... anything really
I finished with a top coat of glitter nail polish to keep all the glitter on the shoe.
Tweezers (for picking up rhinestones) I bought these from Forever 21 but the suck as eyebrow tweezers, so now they're  my bedazzling tweezers! I think they're perfect!




Show casing:
I like to hang some of my pretty pieces of clothing out so I can see them, and they also double as art or decorations! I found this dress in a vintage store years ago and I fell in love with it. I went back the day after to buy it. I was going to hem it so it'd be more wearable, but I can never bring my self to do it, because it's rather stunning on. So I keep it for the occasion and hang it where I can see it so it can bring me inspiration and some spring to this stormy weather!


I have a lot of bags and purses, and no matter how hard I try the never stay organized if I stack them or line them on a shelf. So I bought a hat rack from Ikea and hang my purses and bags on there! Ill admit that they get a little tangled sometimes, but I love how it looks like a tree :)


My necklaces are behind there too. My mom (quite a crafty lady really) took the glass out of a picture frame and put a chicken wire in its place. I spray painted it gold to make it pretty. We bought little 'S' hooks and use those to hang necklaces all over. I used to have it hanging on my wall (attach 2 hooks to the top and use a pretty ribbon to hang), but now it sits on a shelf.  my necklaces never get tangled!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE what you did with those shoes! They definitely have that high-fashion feel with the blinged out heels.

    Also- recycling sucky tweezers...I do that all the time XD

    ReplyDelete